Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers is an end-to-end virtualization solution that is designed to enable pervasive datacenter virtualization, and significantly enhance capital and operational efficiency. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 2.2 introduces several new features including desktop virtualization with the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktop add-on subscription.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization builds upon the Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform that is trusted by thousands of organizations on millions of systems around the world for mission-critical workloads. It provides:
- Record-breaking performance and scalability
- Industry-leading security
- Widest ecosystem of hardware and enterprise ISVs
- Lowest total cost of ownership in its class
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is the ideal platform on which to build an internal or private cloud of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Windows virtual machines.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization consists of the following components:
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager: A feature-rich server virtualization management system that provides advanced capabilities for hosts and guests, including high availability, live migration, storage management, system scheduler, and more.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor: A modern hypervisor based on Kernel-Based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualization technology, which can be deployed either as the standalone bare metal hypervisor (included), or as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and later (purchased separately) installed as a hypervisor host and managed through Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager for Servers.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization breaks down virtualization barriers
Virtualization currently represents only about 20 percent of enterprise workloads, according to industry analysts. This slow adoption is due to barriers to virtualization not currently addressed by existing virtualization products.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization helps your organization meet the challenges of virtualization:
- Performance and scalability: Providing near- and better-than-bare metal performance and industry-leading scalability for enterprise workloads.
- Security: Leveraging SELinux and the hardened Red Hat Enterprise Linux kernel to provide a secure virtualization infrastructure.
- Ecosystem: Supporting the leading enterprise hardware, operating systems, and applications certified for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Cost: Bringing unbeatable value in enterprise virtualization - by subscription.
To have a no obligation assessment of the possibility of moving your existing infrastructure, please contact us today.